Customs Duties or A tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun... and taxes will be pending and need to be cleared while importing goods into Reunion from outside of the EU Either by a private individual or a commercial entity.
The valuation method is CIF.
- The A tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun... and taxes payable are calculated on the complete shipping value, which includes the cost of the imported goods, the cost of freight and the cost of insurance.
- Along with A tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun..., import goods are also subject to VAT, OM, OMR and excise duty.
Below is the Duty and Known as VAT (Value Added Tax) in the UK. A tax based on the... for Reunion :
|Duty Rates||Average Duty Rate||Sales Tax(GST)||Threshold on goods|
|0% to 17%||10%||ST=2.1% to 8.5%
VAT = ST * (CIF + Duty+ other taxes)
|No duty if the The result of a manufacturing or natural process (such as fo... value or FOB value (excluding shipping and insurance) cost won’t exceed 150 and No VAT, OM and OMR if the FOB value(check Overview for FOB value) does not exceed 22.|
Extra taxes and customs fees while importing:
|Type of A fee imposed by a government on personal or corporate incom...||Products||Rates|
|OMR||All||2.5% of CIF value|
|Excise duty||Products like meat, aluminium products, alcoholic beverages and cigarettes||Varying range|
- Reunion is an overseas department of France, and as such it belongs to the EU’s Outermost Regions that are also part of the EU A group of nations which have agreed to promote free trade, ....
- Some electronic products such as Laptops, CellPhones, Digital cameras and Video Game instruments are duty free
- Duty ranges are 0% (for example books) and 17% (for example Wellington shoes) generally.
Additional fees can be applied in order to cover the expense of performing any required testing of the imported goods.