Customs Duties or A tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun... and taxes will be pending and need to be cleared while importing goods into United-Kingdom whether by a private individual or a commercial entity.
The valuation method is CIF.
Below table provide the Duty and Known as VAT (Value Added Tax) in the UK. A tax based on the... for United-Kingdom :
|Duty Rates||Average Duty Rate||Sales Tax(GST)||Threshold on goods|
|0% to 17%(Some electronic goods like phones and laptops are duty free)||NA||ST=20%
VAT = ST * (CIF + Duty+ other taxes)
For Children products VAT rate would be 5%, and some goods are VAT free, for example books, children clothes and children shoes.
VAT=value of the goods + Shipping costs + insurance + A tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun... due(if applicable)
if goods have been sent from non-European Union (EU) countries and EU special territories, then VAT needs to be paid if goods worth:
- Gifts worth more than £34
- Other goods worth more than £15
- Alcohol, tobacco products and fragrances of any value
- goods sent by The purchasing or selling of goods over the Internet, teleph... from the Channel Islands no matter what their value.
You will be charged at the VAT rate that applies to your goods. VAT is charged on the total value, including:
- The The amount of money required to purchase something or to bri... paid for the goods
- postage, Materials used to wrap a product. The way in which something... and insurance
- Any duty you owe
Other taxes and customs fees
- Excise duty is payable on for example tobacco and alcohol.
- Additional customs fees can be charged to cover the expense of performing any required examinations, verification and or testing of the imported goods.
More information on tobacco and alcohol duties can find at the website of Alcohol and tobacco duties .
More information on Fuel Duties Fuel duties .