Customs Duties or Import dutyA tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun... and taxes will be pending and need to be cleared while importing goods into Paraguay from outside of the EU Either by a private individual or a commercial entity.
The valuation method is CIF.
- The import dutyA tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun... and taxes are calculated on the complete shipping value, which includes the cost of the imported goods, the cost of freight and the cost of insurance.
- Along with Import dutyA tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun..., import goods are also subjected to Sales TaxKnown as VAT (Value Added Tax) in the UK. A tax based on the... and excise duty for some products.
Below is the Duty and Sales taxKnown as VAT (Value Added Tax) in the UK. A tax based on the... for Paraguay :
|Duty Rates||Average Duty Rate||Sales Tax(GST) or VAT||Threshold on goods|
|0% to 35%||22.27%||ST=5% to 10%
VAT = ST * (CIF + Duty+ other taxes)
|No duty if the productThe result of a manufacturing or natural process (such as fo... value or FOB value (excluding shipping and insurance) cost won’t exceed US$200(by post) and No VAT if the FOB value(check Overview for FOB value) does not exceed US$100(by courierA person who carries and delivers messages, documents, packa...).|
Extra taxes and customs fees while importing
Excise duty is applicable for Some goods subject to this tax include whiskey and other alcoholic beverages, beer, tobacco products, petroleum, etc. at the rate of 1% to 50%. These taxes are collected independently of customs duty. Please refer detailed information about excise duty here.
- There are no threshold on Sales TaxKnown as VAT (Value Added Tax) in the UK. A tax based on the... or VAT, so it is payable irrespective of the import value.
- Some products like books, magazines can imported free of duty.
- Excise duty is applied on the sum of the CIF value and duty while VAT is calculated on the sum of the CIF value, duty and excise if applicable.