Customs Duties or A tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun... and taxes will be pending and need to be cleared while importing goods into Norway Either by a private individual or a commercial entity.
The valuation method is CIF.
- The A tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun... and taxes payable are calculated on the complete shipping value, which includes the value of the imported goods, the cost of freight and the cost of insurance.
- Along with A tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun..., import goods are also subjected to Known as VAT (Value Added Tax) in the UK. A tax based on the... and in some cases to excise and other import fee.
Below is the Duty and Known as VAT (Value Added Tax) in the UK. A tax based on the... for Norway :
|Duty Rates||Average Duty Rate||Sales Tax(GST) or VAT||Threshold on goods|
|0% to 25%||1.06%||ST=15% to 25%
VAT = ST * (CIF + Duty+ other taxes)
|No Duty and VAT for CIF value less than or equal to NOK 350.00(excluding alcohol and tobacco products)|
- Some goods like books and electronic products like laptops can be imported free of duty.
- Clothes and some other textile products are also subject to customs duties upon importation to Norway, but imports comprised by free The buying and selling or exchange of goods and services. Th... agreements (such as the EEA with the EU) and the General System of Preferences (for developing countries) are exempt. As a result, clothes will, as a general rule, not be subject to customs duties as long as the importer presents the necessary certificates of origin.
- Known as VAT (Value Added Tax) in the UK. A tax based on the... is calculated on the sum of the CIF value, duty and other taxes if applicable.
Extra taxes and customs fees while importing
Excise duty is applied on below products:
- Petroleum products, including gas.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Non-alcoholic beverages.
- Ethanol for technical purposes
- Chocolate, candy, sugar, etc.
- Products containing the chemicals TRI/PER.
- Products containing the propellant gases HFK/PFK
Please refer detailed information of excise duty for Norway here.