Customs Duties or A tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun... and taxes will be pending and need to be cleared while importing goods into Namibia Either by a private individual or a commercial entity.
The valuation method is FOB.
- The A tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun... and taxes payable are calculated exclusively on the value of the imported goods.
- Some luxury or non-essential items might be subject to excise duty, and some dumpable products can be subject to anti-dumping duties.
Below is the Duty and Known as VAT (Value Added Tax) in the UK. A tax based on the... for Namibia :
|Duty Rates||Average Duty Rate||Sales Tax(GST) or VAT||Threshold on goods|
|0% to 45%||18.74%||ST=15%
VAT = ST * (CIF + Duty+ other taxes)
- Some electronic products like laptops, electric guitars are not subjected to duty.
- Customs duties are payable according to the Common Customs A government tax on imported and exported goods. of SACU on imports from outside SACU. Preferential duty rates apply on imports from Southern African Development Community (SADC) countries, while goods may be imported free of customs duties from Zimbabwe in terms of the Namibia-Zimbabwe Free An agreement, usually between countries, to limit or change ....
- Known as VAT (Value Added Tax) in the UK. A tax based on the... is applied on on the sum of the CIF value (i.e. The result of a manufacturing or natural process (such as fo... value plus shipping and insurance cost), duty and other taxes if applicable.
Extra taxes and customs fees while importing
Excise duties are levied on local production of excisable products (e.g. cigarettes, liquor, fuel) and are included on most excisable products imported from another SACU country in terms of the duty at source procedures. Identical excise duty rates are applied throughout the SACU. Importation of excisable products from outside the SACU is subject to customs duties and specific customs duties.
- Cigarettes: NAD 13.24/20 cigarettes
- Beer: NAD 79.26/litre absolute alcohol (AA).
- Spirits (whisky, rum, brandy, gin, vodka, etc.): NAD 161.47/litre AA.
- Petrol: 3.909 cents/litre.
- Diesel and biodiesel: 3.817 cents/litre.
- Illuminating kerosene (paraffin): 3.817 cents/litre.
Please refer detailed information on excise duty of Namibia here.
Anti-dumping duties may apply to certain products and products vary from country to country.