Customs Duties or A tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun... and taxes will be pending and need to be cleared while importing goods into Mexico from outside of the EU Either by a private individual or a commercial entity.
The valuation method is CIF.
- The A tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun... and taxes payable are calculated on the complete shipping value, which includes the cost of the imported goods, the cost of freight and the cost of insurance.
- Imports are also subject to Known as VAT (Value Added Tax) in the UK. A tax based on the..., DTA, and in some cases to excise.
Below is the Duty and Known as VAT (Value Added Tax) in the UK. A tax based on the... for Mexico :
|Duty Rates||Average Duty Rate||Sales Tax(GST) or VAT||Threshold on goods|
|0% to 140.4%||13.97%||ST=16%(but varies as per products and the way(post or A person who carries and delivers messages, documents, packa...) imported)
VAT = ST * (CIF + Duty+ other taxes)
|No duty if the The result of a manufacturing or natural process (such as fo... value or FOB value (excluding shipping and insurance) cost won’t exceed US$300(by post) and No VAT if the FOB value(check Overview for FOB value) does not exceed US$50(by A person who carries and delivers messages, documents, packa...).|
Catergories of Import:
|Type||Minimum Value||Maximum Value|
|A person who carries and delivers messages, documents, packa...||US$50||US$1000|
- Some products like laptops, and other electronic products can be imported free of duty.
- The excise A fee imposed by a government on personal or corporate incom... law (Impuesto Especial Sobre Producción y Servicios or IEPS) levies substantial federal excise rates on the importation and/or sale of certain taxable items, such as gasoline (% variable), beer (26.5%), wine (26.5% to 53%), spirits (53%), and cigarettes and other tobacco products (160% plus an additional An official allocation of something, or a limited amount of ...), and on certain services related to these activities, such as In finance, a payment based on percentage of transaction val..., mediation, and distribution of excise taxable items, as well as services for raffles and gambling (30%). Excise A fee imposed by a government on personal or corporate incom... is also applicable to certain telecommunications services (3%).
- Some products can be imported free of VAT.
- The Country has special type of duty i.e. Preferential duty rates : Mexico has signed free trade agreements with a number of countries. To be entitled to preferential tariff treatment, a good must meet the “”originating”” criteria as set out on the Rules of Origin of individual FTAs. A certificate of origin is required upon importation for preferential duty rates to apply.
- Mexico has signed multiple Free The buying and selling or exchange of goods and services. Th... Agreements (FTAs), which provide for preferential duty rates on foreign The buying and selling or exchange of goods and services. Th... operations with many more countries. FTAs signed by Mexico include the North American Free An agreement, usually between countries, to limit or change ... (NAFTA) and agreements with the EU. Previously called the European Community. An internation... (EU), the European Free The buying and selling or exchange of goods and services. Th... Association (EFTA), and Japan, among many other countries. Most FTAs provide 0% duty rates for almost 90% of the goods to be imported into Mexico.
- Other Taxes are applied on CIF value and Duty.
Extra taxes and customs fees while importing :
|Type of A fee imposed by a government on personal or corporate incom...||Products||Rate|
|Excise||Alcohol and Tobacco Products||25% to 160%|
Please refer the detailed information of different categories here.