Customs Duties or A tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun... and taxes will be pending and need to be cleared while importing goods into Lebanon Either by a private individual or a commercial entity.
The valuation method is CIF.
- The sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
- Along with A tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun..., import goods are also subjected to Known as VAT (Value Added Tax) in the UK. A tax based on the... and Excise Duty.
Below is the Duty and Known as VAT (Value Added Tax) in the UK. A tax based on the... for Lebanon :
|Duty Rates||Average Duty Rate||Sales Tax(GST) or VAT||Threshold on goods|
|0% to 70%||7.85%||ST=10%
VAT = ST * (CIF + Duty+ Excise A fee imposed by a government on personal or corporate incom...)
- The rates are determined based on a specific schedule created in conformity with the Harmonised System of Nomenclature. This conformity with the unified system allows Lebanon to represent an ‘importer friendly’ environment for importers.
- Customs rates in Lebanon are either determined in percentage or paid as a lump sum per unit of imported products.
- As there is no threshold, for import goods all the products are subjected to duty and other taxes irrespective of their values.
Excise taxes are mainly applicable in Lebanon on certain beverages and spirits, tobacco products, gasoline, and vehicles. And please refer detailed information of excise duty for Lebanon here.