Customs Duties or A tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun... and taxes will be pending and need to be cleared while importing goods into Jersey from outside of the EU Either by a private individual or a commercial entity.
The valuation method is CIF.
- The sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
- Imports into Jersey from the EU are free from duty but subject to GST.
Below is the Duty and Known as VAT (Value Added Tax) in the UK. A tax based on the... for Jersey:
|Duty Rates||Average Duty Rate||Sales Tax(GST) or VAT||Threshold on goods|
|0% to 48.5%||20%||5%||No duty if total amount of duty does not exceed Â£12 and No GST if total amount of GST is more than Â£12(excluding alcohol and tobacco products).|
- Electronic goods such as Laptops, Cellpgones, Digital cameras and Video Game instruments are duty free.
- Duty in Jersey varies from one country to another even for the same The result of a manufacturing or natural process (such as fo.... For example, Bicycles made in China carry an additional (anti dumping) duty of 48.5%.
- Duty ranges are 0% (for example books) and 17% (for example Wellington shoes) generally.
- VAT is calculated on the value of the goods, international shipping costs, insurance and any A tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun... due.
An excise duty tax is payable on imported alcohol, tobacco, and fuel at varying rates. And please refer detailed information for excise duty for Jersey here
Additional fees can be applied in order to cover the expense of performing any required testing of the imported goods.