Customs Duties or A tax charged on certain goods which are brought into a coun... and taxes will be pending and need to be cleared while importing goods into Colombia whether by a private individual or a commercial entity.
The valuation method is CIF.
Below table provide the Duty and Known as VAT (Value Added Tax) in the UK. A tax based on the... for Colombia:
|Duty Rates||Average Duty Rate||Sales Tax(GST)||Threshold on goods|
|0% to 35% (Some electronic goods are duty free)||11.31%||VAT=16% VAT=VAT%(CIF + Excise + any duty)||Duty is not exempted but VAT is exempted id FOB is less than US$200|
- Alcohol and tobacco products are subjected to excise duty at 20% and 55% (CIF + duty)
- Consumption taxes in corporate
A national Tax paid which is based on the price of services or goods, e... is levied against the following select services and goods:
- Mobile phone services at 4%.
- Certain vehicles, aircraft, and other goods at 8% or at 16%.
- Restaurant and cafeteria services at 8%.
For more information on other taxes and duties please refer Corporate taxes website.